Dr. Groot’s and Nakatsui’s Medicated Creams
Long term exposure to the sun damages the skin, resulting in fine wrinkles, textures changes and in some cases irregular pigmentation (mottled brown discoloration). It has been proven that certain agents such as tretinoin, alpha-hydroxy acids, hydroquinone and kojic acid (when applied to the skin) will reduce the signs of these problems. Sunscreens prevent further ongoing skin damage from occurring.
Synergistic Effect for Rejuvenating Pigment and Skin Texture
When these agents are used in a synergistic fashion, fine wrinkles are decreased, texture changes are softened, and pigment changes are evened out. Dr. Groot and Dr. Nakatsui have created medicated anti aging and anti wrinkling formulas and creams that contain a combination of these agents, in various strengths, to treat varying degrees of these problems.
Dr. Nakatsui, I have used your Formula #3 cream for many years and I swear it has held back the tides of time. As you know I was a sun worshipper in my younger years (baby oil and all) and by all accounts I should be a wrinkled prune by now. However daily use of your cream and sunscreen has brought me to the point where people are always asking me what I use on my skin and I am more than happy to tell them because it is so simple and so inexpensive….but so worth it. –M.K.
*The testimonials presented on any of our Company’s websites are applicable to the individuals depicted only and may not be representative of the experience of others.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Dr. Nakatsui’s Formulas Made Of?
How Are Dr. Nakatsui’s Formulas Best Used?
- Cleanse the face with a mild soap or cleanser (such as Cetaphil or CeraVe). Let the skin dry for 20 minutes, to give it a chance to replenish its natural oils.
- Apply a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 45. Sunscreen should be reapplied throughout the day, according to the amount of time spent in the sun, or after sweating or swimming. Dr. Nakatsui usually suggests Anthélios “L” SPF 60 or Neutrogena’s Healthy Defense or Ultra Sheer. The latter tends to be better for acne-prone skin but must be reapplied frequently.
- If the skin still shows signs of dryness, apply a moisturizer such as:
- Dr. Nakatsui’s #1 Moisturizing Cream: a lighter moisturizer for mild to moderate dryness.
- Dr. Nakatsui’s #2 Moisturizing Cream: a heavier moisturizer for moderate to severe dryness.
- Avoid using astringents or toners as they contain drying agents, such as citrus fruits (lemon or lime) and alcohol. These agents aggravate, dry and irritate the skin.
- Cleanse the face with a mild soap or cleanser (such as Cetaphil). Let the skin dry for 20 minutes, to give it a chance to replenish its natural oils.
- Apply Dr. Nakatsui’s Formula #3 cream (or Formula #4 cream) sparingly over the entire face. If the cream is used in excess the skin will become irritated, dry and red.
Dr. Nakatsui’s anti aging formulas should be replaced every eight weeks as they oxidize and become less effective.
Where Can I Purchase Dr. Nakatsui’s and Dr. Groot’s Medicated Creams?
9648 142 St NW
Edmonton, AB T5N 4B2
A prescription from a physician is required.
Do you have another question that wasn’t addressed here? Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have!